RESPONSIBILITIES OF RSB
Responsibilities of Sainik Kalyan Nideshalaya
1. Sainik Kalyan Nideshalaya,
Bihar is responsible
for the following functions:-
- Control and Coordinate the work of ZSW Offices in the State
and ensure their effective functioning.
- Maintain liaison with Ministries of the State, State undertaking
and enterprises and Banks to seek vacancies for Ex-Servicemen and widows as per
reservation policy of the State and as per recruitment rules, monitor such vacancies
and ensure Ex-Servicemen or widows fill these up, and have the policy on reservation
for ESM in the State amended in conformity with that of Centre. They ensure that
ESM are given due place in the 100 point roster prepared by States / UTs in accordance
with their reservation policy and be a member of the Subordinate Selection Board
of the State to ensure above.
- Promoting measures for the welfare and resettlement of
Ex-Servicemen and families of serving / deceased personnel of the Armed Forces.
- Disseminating information to the general public regarding
the Armed Forces in the country and for taking measures to enhance interest in Armed
Forces amongst general public.
- Administering the Zila Sainik Welfare Offices in the State
in accordance with the rules and instructions prescribed by the Central and State
Govts including annual inspections. In coordination with the administration of the
State, ensure that vacancies of ZSWO and their staff are filled on occurrence.
- Carry out any duty assigned by Secretary, KSB.
- Submit papers to KSB for claiming 50 percent expenditure
for establishment expenditure of Department of Sainik Welfare / RSB and ZSWO / ZSBs
of the State.
- Maintain up to date statistics of ESM, disabled ESM, widows
and dependents and families of serving defence personnel under the heads pensioners
and non pensioners both for ESM and widows.
- Ensure timely submission of reports and returns to KSB.
- Organize annual RSB meeting under Chairmanship of Governor
/ Chief Minister and Amalgamated Special Fund meeting under chairmanship of Governor
of the State. At these meetings a review is made of the welfare and rehabilitation
measures, fresh policies formulated and implemented.
- Seek and monitor employment opportunities for ESM and widows
in the private sector.
- Assist ESM and widows in planning and funding of self-employment
- Organize Armed Forces Flag Day Fund committee meetings
in order to fix targets for various State and voluntary agencies to enhance collection
drive throughout the year. Maintain the Amalgamated Special Fund and institute welfare
schemes in the State from these funds as per decisions of the Management Committee
of these funds.
- Undertake additional welfare measures for Ex-Servicemen
and widows. Give wide publicity to welfare measures being undertaken by the Deptt
through the media.
- Hold Ex-Servicemen rallies and pension Adalats to propagate
various concessions being extended and settle on the spot functional and other problems
projected by Ex-Servicemen and their dependents.
- Report to DGR/Secy KSB on the Ex-Servicemen training being
conducted in respective states and make suggestions with regard to changes in courses
commensurate with changing trends.
- Conduct Annual Inspection of the ZSBs and submit report
to the DCs, Chief Secretary, KSB.
- Ensure that only, ESM are employed in the RSBs / ZSBs to
qualify for the 50% Central share towards pay and allowances. Employment of civilian
employees must be undertaken with the prior approval of the KSB / MoD.
- Establish e-mail connectivity with ZSBs / RSBs and KSB.
- Conduct Zonal Meetings of the zones as nominated by KSB.
Responsibilities of Zila Sainik Kalyan Karyalayas
1. Responsibilities of Zila Sainik Welfare Offices / Zila Sainik Board :-
- Disseminating information to the general public regarding
the Armed Forces in the country and constantly endeavoring to promote and maintain
a feeling of goodwill between civilian population, service personnel and Ex-Servicemen.
- Monitoring the welfare of families of servicemen and Ex-Servicemen
and assisting them in representing their cases with local administration or Defence
authorities. Welfare organizers employed in each ZSWO / RSB play a crucial role
in establishing contact with the clientele in their homes, listing their problems,
needs and aspirations, providing in-puts on these to ZSWO / RSB, resolving these,
and spreading awareness of the resettlement and welfare measures in place which
they can avail-of.
- Giving information to general public regarding the conditions
of service in the Armed Forces and to assist intending candidates in approaching
the appropriate recruiting authorities for purposes of enlistment.
(d) Keeping a watch on the adequacy of the number of pension paying offices / branch
post offices paying pension.
- Scrutinizing applications for relief from various military
and civil charitable funds and making suitable recommendations.
- Granting financial relief to Ex-Servicemen and their dependents
from funds at their disposal and recommending cases of ESM and their dependents
for financial assistance from KSB.
2. The welfare responsibilities of Zila Sainik Welfare Offices (ZSWOs) will encompass
all such traditional activities which were already being performed by these offices
with particular reference to the following :-
- Settlement of financial problems such as pension and other
retirement / release benefits / dues to Ex-Servicemen and grants and assistance
in kind to Ex-Servicemen beneficiaries and dependents from the Central / State Govts
or other Organizations such as the Indian Red Cross Society etc.
- Providing assistance for settlement of land and other disputes.
- Assist families of serving personnel staying separately
during their absence away on duty.
- Promote and maintain under guidance of the State Rajya
Sainik Boards, welfare measures in the District such as Rest House for Ex-Servicemen,
old age pensioners' homes, vocational and other training facilities and hostel for
children of serving defence personnel and Ex-Servicemen
- Mobilise assistance for medical treatment in Military /
- Maintain liaison with other welfare Organizations such
as the Indian Red Cross Society, NGOs and voluntary agencies to enhance additional
sources of welfare and concessions for Ex-Servicemen and their families / dependents
in the Districts.
- Maintain an Up Todate register of war widows, dependents
and those disabled in action with a view to ensure their welfare.
- To represent KSB, Ministry of Defence (Govt of India) in
Court Cases under their jurisdiction in which these Organizations have been made
- Provide Ex-Servicemen and family pensioners information
about Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS).
- Ensure that their ZSBs are duly inspected by the Director,
RSB every year.
3. The responsibilities of the Zila Sainik Welfare Offices (ZSWOs)/Rajya Sainik
Boards (ZSBs) with regard to resettlement of ESM are:-
- To maintain close and effective liaison for purpose of
resettlement through employment of Ex-Servicemen with :-
- Local Central / State / private industrial organization.
- Local employment exchange particularly in States where
it has cosponsoring powers for reemployment of Ex-Servicemen.
- Local revenue authorities in connection with schemes for
resettlement on land of ESM.
- District Industries/Block Development Offices and assisting
those Ex-Servicemen desirous of setting up small scale industries.
- Assist Ex-Servicemen in forming and setting up cooperatives
for their self employment.
- Provide all resettlement assistance to war widows, dependents
and war disabled as well as to those who died/disabled while in service due to attributable
- Assist Ex-Servicemen in preparing of project reports for
self-employment ventures and in obtaining loans under DGR resettlement schemes.
4.The other functions and responsibilities of Zila Sainik Welfare Offices (ZSWOs)/Rajya
Sainik Boards (ZSBs) areas follows:-
- Organize Armed Forces Flag Day under aegis of the President
ZSB (District Collector) and Flag Day collections and any other authorized fund
raising measures in the district.
- Organize rallies/reunion of Ex-Servicemen. Organize welfare
meetings with President ZSB to resolve problems of Ex-Servicemen and widows, preferably
once each month on a fixed day.
- Explore avenues for providing educational & vocational
training facilities for Ex-Servicemen and their dependents to enable them to seek
employment or set up self employment venture.
- Assist three Services whenever called upon to do so to
disseminate information within the district regarding terms and conditions of service
in the Armed Forces. Provide publicity for recruitment notice and for assistance
rendered by the Armed Forces in times of national calamities. Publicize notification
of awards of gallantry and other decorations, introduction of welfare schemes of
service personnel and their families.